EC Report for September 2017
The schedule for the month of September: 4 Monday Night EmComm Nets , 1 EmComm and Coffee, 1 EmComm Monthly Meeting, and 1 Public Service Event.
Public Service Calendar
Upcoming EMCOMM Events
- October 14, 2017 – Bass Lake Double Century Bicycle Ride (This event covers 200 miles and takes up to 14 hours to complete. We are hoping that enough people volunteer so we can break the assignments up into smaller time slots. The more people we have the least time per shift).
- If you are interested in the working any of the events please go to the CARP website, www.k6arp.org and register.
Rally In The Valley
The Rally in the Valley will be held in Tulare this year. The location is The Salvation Army Tulare Corps. The date is November 4, 2017.
Equipment Donation to ARES
I would like to thank Gwen Blomgren, KO6Y, for the generous donation of Glen’s (AF6CY) radio gear. She has given the Fresno County ARES Group all Glen’s radios and antennas. We are looking for a permanent location to install an AF6CY Memorial Station. We will be discussing this at a later date.
September EmComm Meeting (What you missed)
The meeting was very interesting; we discussed several topics that will affect us all.
- Training Agenda:
- Reviewed Mutual Aid Communication Levels 111 and 11
- Reviewed ARES Skills Assessment submittals
- Cross band repeating basics
- Ranking of ARES operators through education and experience
- Mandatory classes and certification
- Standard frequency list to be the first 20 channels on your handheld and Mobil
These subjects will continue to be discussed at future meetings and nets. The updating of our ARES Group should make us more professional in the eyes of our served agencies as well as other ARES Groups.
We are now posting events and meetings on the calendar as well as posting articles on the home page. Check us out at fcemcomm.org.
Net Control Staff Needed
We are looking for volunteers to take a turn as net control on Monday nights. This is not a difficult task. We will provide the preamble and net roster. This is a great way to enhance your skills running a net for emergency situations. If you are interested, please contact Gary (KI6OYW) at 559-269-1340 or email email@example.com
Don’t forget the Monday Night EmComm Net at 19:30 hr. on the 147.15 MHz Pl 141.3. We have some good information and camaraderie. On the third Friday of the month there is the EmComm & Coffee at YFC on Cedar south of Ashlan in Granite Park at 07:00hr. And last but not least the EmComm Meetings are held on the Fourth Thursday of month. Our next meeting will be October 26 , 2017 at 1900 hr. at the Hinds Hospice Building, 2490 W. Shaw Fresno.
Best of 73’s
GLEN CAINE (N6HEW)
Fresno County ARES EC/ RACES Officer